Job Opportunity: Instructional Support Specialist
This position is accountable for providing the student with instructional support needs access to the regular curriculum by working as a liaison between the student, parents, teachers, and administration.
Essential Job Functions
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialist, and professionals to develop individual learning plans designed to promote students' educational development.
- Support all staff in understanding the needs of student with disabilities and ensure that the accommodations developed for the student are followed in the classroom.
- Maintain all records of support services for students in the instructional support program.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance in support setting.
- Monitor tests, quizzes and exams for all students who qualify for instructional support services.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of handicapping conditions.
- Provide a structured study hall where assigned students study instead of going to their scheduled study hall class.
- Monitor and file notes from selected student note takers to provide a good model for taking notes and to allow students who were absent or missed notes to have a good
resource to get them.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs.
- PA State Teaching Certification as described by the Diocese of Harrisburg
- Special Education Certification (desired)
Please send resume and cover letter to Principal Richard LaRocca, be email to email@example.com or by mail to 140 S. Oxford Avenue, McSherrystown, PA 17344.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.