International Student Program at Delone Catholic
Delone Catholic welcomes students from around the world to join our educational community. The purpose of the international student program is to enrich the educational experience of our local students by giving them the opportunity to learn the global nature of our world. Students currently studying in high school today will be most successful if they have an understanding, appreciation and tolerance for the cultural differences of people and nations. No doubt today’s students will live, work and succeed as members of a global community.
Three W International Partnership
Delone Catholic is pleased to announce a partnership with ThreeW International. Three W International is North America’s foremost international student management company with the most comprehensive services for U.S. private schools. With operations in the United States, China, and Brazil, Three W partners with outstanding private schools to develop mission appropriate international student enrollment plans. This partnership provides schools with support in strategic planning, professional development, and guidance on curriculum and international student support. Three W International identifies international students who are an appropriate fit, based on the school’s mission and admission criteria, and who enhance the cultural diversity of the school’s community. Unlike exchange programs, where students study abroad for a school year or less, these international students enroll for multiple years with the intent of graduating from a U.S. high school.
Faces & Our Cultures Partnership
Delone Catholic has participated in the Faces and Our Cultures cultural exchange program since 2011. Faces & Our Cultures Program is a Cultural Exchange Program between Guatemala and the USA. Young Guatemalan Cultural Ambassadors, between the ages of 11 and 17, travel to the USA to share and learn from the American Culture. They bring Cultural Projects to share with their community in order to promote Bilateral Cultural Enrichment.
To Apply Through 3W
Delone Catholic High School partners with Three W International to provide comprehensive international student enrollment management to students from China, Brazil, and Vietnam. Together, we are able to provide unparalleled support and service to our international students, from general admissions to post-arrival and beyond. If you are an international student interested in applying to Delone Catholic High School, please contact Three W International at http://threew.us/how-to-apply/.
You may also contact our Designated International Admissions Liaison, Mrs. Jessica Hiers, at the email address below:
Mrs. Jessica Hiers
Designated Admissions Liaison
Delone Catholic High School, em parceria com a Three W International, oferece o gerenciamento completo do processo de inscrição dos estudantes estrangeiros provenientes do Brasil. Juntos, fornecemos suporte e atendimento incomparáveis para nossos estudantes estrangeiros, do processo geral de admissão até o momento após chegada e depois disso. Se você é um estudante estrangeiro interessado em estudar na Delone Catholic High School entre em contato com a Three W International através do site http://threew.us/how-to-apply/.
Você também pode entrar em contato com nossa Agente de Admissões Internacionais, Mrs. Jessica Hiers, pelo e-mail abaixo:
Mrs. Jessica Hiers
Agente de Admissões
Host Family Information
The International Student Program at Delone Catholic High School relies on host families, who can provide a nurturing environment to international students while they visit and study in the United States. Host families can provide one of two levels of commitment:
- Faces and Our Cultures Host Families host a cultural ambassador from Guatemala for an eight-week cultural exchange. Guatemalan ambassadors visit the United States while on their summer break from school and in exchange, the host family may send their child to Guatemala over our summer break from school.
- Three W International Host Families host a full-time Delone Catholic student from China or Brazil. Hosting an international student requires a ten-month commitment. A stipend of $800 per month is provided during the ten-month stay. Each year, all parties will evaluate the arrangement and you may choose to host the same student for more than one year of his/her Delone Catholic career.
Host Family Links
Why become a host family?
- To make a difference in the life of a young person.
- To enrich the lives of your family.
- To increase cultural awareness in your community.
- To support diversity and cross-cultural awareness at home.
- To teach a student about American values.
- To experience the joy of having a new family member to love.
- To build a life-long friendship.
- To practice hospitality and generosity in your own home.
- To grow closer as a family.
Host Family Requirements
- A private bedroom
- Closet for hanging clothing
- Desk and chair
- Adequate lighting to do homework
- Adequate bathrooms for the number of people in the home
- Wireless internet connection
- English must be the primary language spoken in the home
- Family members over the age of 14 must complete the Diocese of Harrisburg Safe Environment Training, including background checks, and be approved before that student is placed in the home
- A desire to learn about other cultures
- A willingness to welcome a student from another country into your family
- A Home Visit by the Dean of Students before the student arrives
Host Family Stipend
Delone Catholic High School provides host families with a monthly stipend to help cover the additional cost of groceries and other incidentals. All students are required to come with their own spending money. The host family stipend for the 2017-18 academic year will be $800 per month for 10 months. The host family stipend is meant to cover the additional expenses associated with hosting a student, such as:
- Other incidentals
The host family stipend is taxable income, and host families will be issued a 1099 for the stipend at the end of each calendar year. For advice on how to best account for the stipend, Delone Catholic recommends consulting with a tax professional.