Delone Catholic High School exists to educate and challenge students spiritually, academically, physically, socially and aesthetically within the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. This challenge will inspire students to experience Jesus Christ personally and to “Be Doers of the Word.”
Delone Catholic High School is a Catholic, secondary, co-educational inter-parochial school. Our courses of instruction are in accordance with the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church and the standards of the Diocese of Harrisburg.
As a Catholic, co-educational, inter-parochial school, we welcome students of all faiths in Grades 9 through 12. We focus on preparing students for a lifetime of learning, growth, service, integrity, responsibility, accountability and justice. We provide activities designed to promote the practice of self-confidence, self-discipline, creative expression and social graces in daily living. We encourage students to use their minds and cultivate their particular talents.
The goal of Catholic education is to assist young people toward a heightened awareness of their humanity in light of Divine Revelation. We provide a program that promotes a sound understanding of the Catholic faith and its relationship to our society and all aspects of students’ lives. We value our Catholic identity because that identity derives its original characteristics and its structure from the mission of the Church. Our school serves as a genuine instrument of the Church by participating in her evangelizing mission. We welcome and embrace a diverse cultural and economic population as a hallmark of our Catholic identity. We challenge our faculty, staff, students and families to witness their beliefs in daily life.
We offer a program of studies and activities designed to provide students with diverse experiences, which will equip them to recognize and respond to truth. We offer a program of instruction, instructional support, formation and growth, which promotes self-worth, respect for one’s well-being, excellence through healthy competition, and appreciation for the unique potential of each person. We foster a critical consciousness, which enables the student to think independently, to analyze complex issues thoroughly and to lead effectively.
- Character Development
We assist our students in developing and strengthening Christian values as the basis for moral judgments. We encourage them to integrate the spiritual, intellectual, aesthetic, personal, social and physical aspects of life.
- Climate and Culture
We foster a Christian climate of responsible freedom and love, which enables all students to build personal and social relationships. We provide a nurturing atmosphere, which fosters respect and equality without regard to race, national origin, gender, economic status or creed. We provide a culture of respect, responsibility and service within a safe and welcoming Catholic environment.
We prepare students with the social skills they will need to be productive and contributing citizens. This education will enhance their role as faithful, informed and articulate members of the Church and society. We challenge students to strive for excellence, to be responsible global citizens of the modern world, and to “Be Doers of the Word.”
We provide a quality educational environment through a cooperative effort with stakeholders: parents, alumni, consecrated persons, parishes, businesses and professional organizations.
Beliefs and Values
We believe the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- We believe that the Roman Catholic tradition must be incorporated into all aspects of students’ education and life. Catholic school provides an experience of the Church’s beliefs, tradition and sacramental celebrations. The moral and ethical character of the students is developed by the encouragement of adherence to the laws of God, the community and the school.
We believe that each person is a sacred individual.
- We believe it is important to recognize the sacredness of all people and to accept and love them. We believe in the value and holiness of individuals, who are created in the image and likeness of God. We view each person as an expression of the Creator’s love and appreciate each person for his or her unique potential and worth.
We believe in academic excellence, intellectual development and life-long learning.
- We value academic excellence as an appreciation of the pursuit of intellectual development now and as a life-long challenge. We value critical consciousness, which enables each student to think independently, to analyze complex issues thoroughly and to lead effectively within the mission of the Church.
We believe that service is an expression of our faith.
- We believe that service is a primary component of our faith and an extension of Catholic education. We believe that students should be active participants in the school environment, the Church, the community and the world. We value our commitment to service as a fulfillment of our Scriptural commission to “Be Doers of the Word.” We believe that we are a community of stakeholders, working with parishes, parents and businesses, and that all members of the community should be invited to be involved in our school.
We believe that we are a community of stakeholders, working with parishes, parents and businesses, and that all members of the community should be invited to be involved in our school.
- Our community is an important support in achieving the spiritual and educational goals of the school. We value community as a faith-filled collaboration of students, administrators, faculty, staff, board, alumni, consecrated persons, parishes, businesses, professional organizations, and most importantly parents, who are the first and primary educators of their children.
Our graduates will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the Roman Catholic Church and its traditions and teachings
- Integrate faith into all aspects of life
- Live the Gospel values
- Witness to their beliefs and faith
- Affirm the dignity of all people
- Serve those in need
- Apply learned skills and knowledge
- Analyze complex issues and develop practical solutions
- Recognize and promote excellence
- Communicate effectively
- Use all resources wisely
- Use technology effectively
- Integrate habits of wellness in everyday living
- Appreciate beauty and truth
Our graduates will be:
- Committed to justice and integrity
- Responsible and accountable
- Effective leaders
- Active and productive citizens within Church and community
- Life-long learners
- Independent thinkers who are open to growth
- Prepared for higher education and/or technical training
- Competitive in the workforce