Delone Catholic High School is a Catholic, secondary, co-educational, inter-parochial private school serving students in grades 9 through 12 from south central Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland.
Delone Catholic High School educates and challenges students spiritually, academically, physically, socially and aesthetically within the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. This challenge will inspire students to encounter Jesus Christ personally and to “Be Doers of the Word” (James 1:22)
As a Catholic, co-educational, inter-parochial school, we welcome students of all faiths in Grades nine through twelve. We focus on preparing students for a lifetime of continual: learning, growth in virtue, service, integrity, responsibility, accountability, and justice. We provide activities designed to promote the practice of: self-confidence, self-discipline, creative expression, and social graces in daily living. We encourage students to use their intellect and to cultivate their particular talents.
- Catholicism: The goal of Catholic education is to assist young people to embrace their human dignity in light of Divine Revelation. We provide a program that promotes a sound understanding of the Catholic faith and its relationship to our society and all aspects of students’ lives. We value our Catholic identity because that identity derives its original characteristics and its structure from the mission of the Church. Our school serves as a genuine instrument of the Church by participating in Her evangelizing mission. We welcome and embrace a diverse cultural and economic population as a hallmark of our Catholic identity. We challenge our faculty, staff, students and families to witness their beliefs in daily life.
- Curriculum: We offer a program of studies and activities designed to provide students with diverse experiences, which will equip them to recognize and to respond to truth. We offer a program comprised of instruction, instructional support, formation and growth, which promotes self-worth, respect for one’s well-being, excellence through healthy competition, preparation for higher education and a competitive workforce, and appreciation for the unique potential of each person. We foster a critical consciousness, which enables students to think independently, to analyze complex issues thoroughly, and to lead effectively.
- Character Development: We assist our students in developing and strengthening Christian values as the basis for moral judgments. We encourage them to integrate the spiritual, intellectual, aesthetic, personal, social and physical aspects of life.
- Climate and Culture: We foster a Christian climate of responsible exercise of freedom and charity which enables all students to build personal and social relationships. We provide a nurturing atmosphere which fosters compassion, respect, and equality without regard to race, national origin, gender, economic status, or creed. We provide a culture of respect, responsibility, and service within a safe and welcoming Catholic environment.
- Citizenship: We prepare students with the social skills they will need to be productive and contributing citizens. This education will enhance their role as faithful, informed, and articulate members of the Church and society. We challenge students to strive for excellence, to be responsible global citizens of the modern word, and to “Be Doers of the Word” (James 1:22).
- Community: We provide a quality educational environment through a cooperative effort with all stakeholders: students, school board, faculty and staff, benefactors, parents, alumni, consecrated persons, parishes, and business and professional organizations.
We believe the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- We believe that the Roman Catholic tradition must be incorporated into all aspects of students’ education and life. Catholic school provides an experience of the Church’s beliefs, traditions, and sacramental celebrations. The moral and ethical character of the students is developed by the encouragement of adherence to the laws of God, the community, and the school.
We believe that each person is a sacred individual.
- We believe it is important to recognize the sacredness of all people and to accept and to love them. We believe in the value and holiness of individuals, who are created in the image and likeness of God. We view each person as an expression of the Creator’s love and appreciate each person for his or her unique potential and worth.
We believe in academic excellence, intellectual development, and life-long learning.
- We value academic excellence as an appreciation of the pursuit of intellectual development now and as a life-long challenge. We value critical consciousness, which enables each student to think independently, to analyze complex issues thoroughly, and to lead effectively within the mission of the Church.
We believe that service is an expression of our faith.
- We believe that service is a primary component of our faith and an extension of Catholic education. We believe that students should be active participants in the school environment, the Church, the community, and the world. We value our commitment to service as a fulfillment of our Scriptural commission to “Be Doers of the Word” (James 1:22).
We believe that we are a community of stakeholders, working with parishes, parents, and businesses, and that all members of the community should be invited to be involved in our school.
- Our community is an important support in achieving the spiritual and educational goals of the school. We value community as a faith-filled collaboration of students, administrators, faculty, staff, board, alumni, consecrated persons, parishes, businesses, professional organizations, and most importantly parents, who are the first and primary educators of their children.
Our Graduates will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the Roman Catholic Church and its traditions and teachings
- Integrate faith into all aspects of life
- Live Gospel values
- Witness to their beliefs and faith
- Affirm the dignity of all people
- Serve those in need
- Apply learned skills and knowledge
- Analyze complex issues and develop practical solutions
- Recognize and strive for moral excellence
- Communicate effectively
- Use all resources wisely
- Use technology effectively
- Integrate habits of wellness in everyday living
- Recognize, embrace and value goodness, beauty and truth
Our graduates will strive to be:
- Effective Leaders
- Life-long learners
- Responsible and Accountable
- Independent thinkers who are open to growth
- Active and productive citizens within Church and community
- Committed to justice and integrity
- Prepared for higher education and/or technical training